16 September 2009

Coming Soon

Aha! Well I just wanted a lil update on whats going on. I did mention previously that I was going to work on another environment but didnt actually start till yesterday. Reason being that I got a few video tutorials I started to watch. One on light behaviors and the other on environment painting. After watching them I had a bit of an epiphany!!!! Gained a few knowledge that Ive been working without that I could really have done with through the years... Soooo learn about these foundation stuff (well dunno if its foundation stuff but yar). And watching the other video, I got to see how a speedpaint process went from start to finish. This one was more learning techniques than painting principles in the other video. Both were very good tutorials imo and so here I am trying to put a bit of what I learned to practice. Still work in progress. :P Still noodling around with details.
Ooooo and I love Coral Painter again!!!!!! I neglected it since I started Photoshop many years ago but recently have been annoyed by the generic round brush and wanted something more textural and random but still have a degree of control. Tried a lot of Photoshop settings but couldnt get what I was looking for until I went back into Painter for a bit of experimenting! Check back soon for the finished version!

4 comments:

Nubian Greene said...

was it jeremy vickerys gnomon dvd?,cos I watched that in my year out and it was bonerific.

If not,bleh! Good work,getting allot more depth in your sh*t now.What have you been eating?....


:D

Ben Ho said...

Thats the one! Made a lot of sense. The other one was one by James Clyne. Eating? Well Ive kinda been doing soul searching stuff and really trying to improve. So been looking at influential artworks and trying to analyze how its done and tried to pick out things that I can add to my own work.

Marc said...

Yea, the Jeremy vickery dvd is really good. Which James clyne dvd did was it you watched?

I can see you've pushed yourself and improved!

Ben Ho said...

That would be the set design er... set! The ones that goes through historical, contemporary and futuristic sets.