7 April 2010

Sketches


Was scanning in some thumbnails from my sketchbook to paint over so I thought I scan in a few pages to show here too. The sketchbook pages are mostly studies from the Vagabond manga. Accuracy was crud :P The digi was my first stab at the new Chow topic but I hated where it was going so I am now working on a new one. Sometimes failure is good, it keeps me on my toes and encourages me to keep pushing on. Theres been a lot of crap drawings along my journey that I now try to think of them more positively as a sign that a better one will come out of my frustration. Got to go back to some studies and also focus on quick speedy pieces. I think I labor and noodle too much into my work too often.
Inspiration: How to Train Your Dragon! Go see the film! Nooooooowwwwww!!!!

2 comments:

Philip Barker said...

nice to see some sketchbook ben. MORE!!!! Do you do some workout for some of your final pieces? i wouldnt mind seeing some of that :)

Ben Ho said...

Hey Philster! Yeah I usually thumbnail them out. Most times they r really messy and not very flashy to see but works as guide lines for me. I can post some up next time.